TOC > Licence
Environment and Climate Change Canada Data Servers End-use Licence
Version 2.0 - September 2017
You are encouraged to use the Information that is available under this licence with only a few conditions.
1. Using Information under this licence
- Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
2. You are free to:
- Copy, modify (see note), publish, translate, adapt (see note), distribute or otherwise use (see note) the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
Note: In the case of weather alerts (i.e. watches/warnings), any information shall be reproduced in such a way that there is no alteration of the content or intent of the alert.
3. You must, where you do any of the above
- Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider and/or Third Party Information Contributor and as indicated when you access the Information from Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) data servers and, where possible, provide a link to this licence.
- Attribute data to the originator, including sources outside Environment and Climate Change Canada. For example;
“Data Source: Environment and Climate Change Canada”
or, in the case where data comes from multiple originators:
“Data Source: Environment and Climate Change Canada and (''if possible indicate the Third Party Information Contributor'')”
- If the Information Provider or the Third Party Information Contributor does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several information providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement:
Contains information licenced under the Data Server End-use Licence of Environment and Climate Change Canada.
The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information;
- Third party rights that the Information Provider or the Third Party Information Contributor is not authorized to licence;
- The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the Information Provider or Third Party Information Contributor; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider or Third Party Information Contributor endorses you or your use of the Information.
6. No Warranty
The Information is licenced “as is”, and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The Information Provider or Third Party Information Contributor is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
7. Governing Law
This licence is governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada.
Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Ontario or the Federal Court of Canada.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
"Information" means information resources protected by copyright or other information that is offered for use under the terms of this licence.
"Information Provider" means Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada, as represented by the Minister of the Environment.
“Personal Information” means “personal information” as defined in section 3 of the ''Privacy Act'', R.S.C. 1985, c. P-21.
“Third Party Information Contributor” means any public and/or private organisation, agency, individual or corporation which agreed to grant end-use as well as redistribution rights to its Information to ECCC.
"You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
This is version 2.0 of Environment and Climate Change Canada data servers End-use Licence. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the Information.